Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
To be able to do all those things and still not have ‘charity’ seems odd.
1. Speak in tongues…of angels
2. gift of prophecy.
3. gift to understand mysteries, such as Joseph or Daniel
4. enough Faith to actually get things big done
5. a giver…of everything you own…the person who’ll take the shirt off their back for others
6. Give the body to be burnt. I don’t think this one is like some people who sit in a public place and douse themselves with fuel and light it, but someone, perhaps like Christ, who gave his body so others may live.
One would expect that someone with all this, if they had it all, would definitely have ‘charity’. But, we see the Lord says, ‘NO”, we can have all these attributes and still not have that special love like the Lord